Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
As a child I remember using flax seed soaked water to mix my mehendi. “ Accha tar aata hai.” But now with age my perceptions have changed. I look at it as a food stuff that is it’s very tasty and flavorful chutney that doubles up many a times as a masala.
Since I have heard that these seed are useful in reducing blood cholesterol as it is in Omega 3 fatty acids they do end up in my dals and vegetables.
Initially I had just roasted and ground the flax seed this is what went in my food stuff. Do you know that flax seed powder and warm water is good egg replacer in baking?
Today however we will make the chutney that can be used as side chutney tastes yummy with curds or oil. Try it with bhakar i!
This one has been made by my father’s cook in bulk of about half a kilo flax seeds. She has not used garlic but you could add peeled garlic to the roasted flax seed and powder them.
- 1 cup Agashi (Flax seeds)
- Chili powder(adjust as per your taste)
- 1 bulb garlic peeled (optional)
- Roast the cleaned flex seeds in a deep thick bottomed kadhai/wok.
- The seeds splutter and crackle, let them once they stop crackling remove from fire and
- Allow the seeds to coo fully.
- Powder the roasted flex seeds in a grinder.
- Add peeled garlic, chili powder and salt to taste.
- Grind them well to get a nice powder.
As a masala use it in your cluster bean, ridge gourd veggie you can also add as a flavouring agent in dal.
This is my entry for BM# 29. Check the other BM entries here.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!