Easy, creamy Eggless Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe that is made in the freezer. You can also customise it too for your favourite flavours! Try it!
Mattar paneer is a vegetarian dish of cottage cheese and green peas in tomato gravy very common in Northern India.
Also called matar paneer and mutter paneer it is a popular dish much enjoyed in the winters when the peas are fresh and the paneer is soft and delicious.
Stop at any dhabha ( a truck stop) in North India and enjoy Matar paneer with naan, roti, poori ar even paratha. But we love it best with rice or the Goan Pao.
Green peas are something we enjoy a lot. Hubby’s idea of Sunday is peeling some peas, more like eating the tender ones and the not so tender are collected for me to cook.
I use the peas in just about anything Kande pohe, upit, made peas paratha, peas cutlets (both of these are not blogged) then of course there is pea’s usal, pea pulao, quinoa matar pulao, peas palak, methi malai matar, peas soup, Matar Methi Biryani,Matar ka Nimona,Matar Makhani, Cauliflower and Peas in Cheese Sauce , Peas Cauliflower Pull Apart
The mutter paneer here you can be used to make aloo matar also only cook your potatoes before you add the peas.
The main ingredients in making matar paneer is green peas, paneer, onions, tomatoes, cream, cashew nuts, cumin, garlic and ginger.
Mattar Paneer, How To Make Matar Paneer, Mutter Paneer Recipe
- 250 grams paneer/cottage cheese cubed
- 2 cups peas
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Everest kitchen king masala
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- leaves Corianderfor garnishing
- For grinding:
- 3-4 red tomatoes chopped
- 2 onions medium chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 10-15 Cashew Nuts
- A few springs of coriander
- 1/2 inch dalchini/cinnamon
- 2-3 pepper
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seed powder
- For grinding:
- Grind all the ingredients marked for grinding in the mixer and grind to a very fine paste. Set aside.
- In a thick kadhai/wok heat the oil add the jeera/cumin and let it splutter.
- Add the ground masala paste and sauté for 5-10 minutes on medium to low flame till the oil separates from the ground masala. Since the stuff splatters a lot I used a lid and partially covered the masala.
- Add the dry masala powders and stir well till the masala are incorporated in the masala.
- Add the cream and stir in.
- Next add the peas, water (about 1 cup) and salt. Mix well. Cover and cook till the peas soften.
- Add more water if needed the consistency should be neither too thin nor thick. I prefer to add less water then adjust the consistency.
- Add the paneer/cottage cheese cubes and boil for a minute or 2. Remember the paneer/cottage cheese hardens on cooking for a longer period.
- Adjust the seasonings and then garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti, roti, pulao.