On Ashadha Amavasya is also called as Deepaanvit Amavasya lamps are worshipped. This simple and delicious recipe where Whole Wheat Flour Lamps are used to worship lamps. A simple and healthy steamed recipe from Maharashtra underlines that even lamp is worshipable.
Last Updated on
#Vegetarian Fried Rice !!
Fried Rice is the delight that is enjoyed by all! As I am yet to meet someone who does not like Fried Rice.
Making Fried Rice is actually simple where rice is steamed, but stir fried with vegetables, meats and eggs.
Generally at home its leftover rice and leftover veggies too. What a delicious way to get rid of all leftovers and I am sure that what I dish up today, I will as usual never be able to duplicate.
The rice is generally flavoured with Soya Sauce but I have used Maggi cubes and and a little Soya Sauce. Also, as this is a Vegetarian Fried Rice there are no meats and no eggs too. You are free to use them in case you can.
Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups rice, cooked and grains separated
- 4-5 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup french beans, thinly sliced
- ½ cup capsicum, sliced in fine cubes
- ½ cup spring onions greens, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1- ½ tablespoon soya sauce (I used dark)
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 3 cubes Vegetarian maggi (optional)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large kadhai/wok.
- Add the onions and stir fry on a medium- high flame. Add 1 Maggi cube if using, crushed. Stir-fry until translucent.
- Add the beans and cook on medium-high flame till the beans change colour.
- Add the carrots and the Maggi cube again, if using continue frying on high flame.
- Add the cabbage, capsicum and the remaining Maggi cube. Stir.
- Add the sauces and stir once.
- Mix in the rice. Take care your grains must not break.
- Add the pepper.Mix well, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning. In case you have used Maggi cubes you will not need salt.
- Serve hot.
- I served it with Vegetarian Schezwan.
- Day 4
[inlinkz_linkup id=533195 mode=1].