A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
The aroma is so yum that you just cannot resist adding it to all kinds of foods, from curries to daal to stir fries. I could not…
A strong blend of flavours that is quite similar to our garam masala and roasting brings out all the yummy flavours and colours.
Sri Lankan Curry Powder
The cook time will depend on the amount of ingredients. More the ingredients you will need a bit more time.
- Preparation time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- 100 Grams Red chillies, dried
- 100 Grams Dhania/ coriander seeds
- 50 Grams Jeera/cumin seeds
- 50 Grams Saunf/fennel seeds
- 25 Grams Methi/fenugreek seeds
- 10 Grams Kali Miri/ peppercorns
- 1/2 Cup Curry leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Haldi/turmeric powder
- 2 Inch piece Cinnamon
- 4-5 Elichi/cardamom
- 4-5 Laung/cloves
- Make pieces of the dried red chillies and dry roast them. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the curry leaves. Set aside.
- Dry roast the balance ingredients together.
- Combine all and grind them together to make the curry powder mix.
- Store in an airtight container to use when needed.
- The ingredients can be scaled up for the desired quantity.
- The roasting is to be done on low flame and stir continuously.
- The number of serving will depend on the heat you can take.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533208 mode=1].