Easy, creamy Eggless Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe that is made in the freezer. You can also customise it too for your favourite flavours! Try it!
French toast is a breakfast dish made is a dish made of bread soaked in milk, then in beaten eggs and then fried.
In my place, I don’t make it sweet or use milk. Interested? Read on for this protein-rich breakfast.
The other names of French toast are eggy bread, Bombay toast, German toast, gipsy toast, poor knights (of Windsor), or Torrija. The earlier name in French was aliter dulcia “another sweet dish where the recipe mentions soaking in milk. The French name is pain perdu or “lost bread as you are using stale or otherwise “lost” bread.
In egg and milk mixture, the slices of bread are dipped then fried on both sides. The best bread for French toast is day-old bread, as the stale bread will soak up more egg mixture without falling apart. The cooked slices can be eaten sweet with sugar or jam, honey, fruit or maple syrup. If you prefer them savoury serve with ketchup.
The other eggy dishes I have tried are Bhuna Masala Egg Curry, Devilled Eggs/Deviled Eggs/Eggs Mimosa, Anda Bhurji Wraps/ Scrambled Eggs Wrap ~Indian style, F for Fried Eggs, Egg Chat, Kerala Malabar Style |Mutta Biryani| Egg Biryani.
The main ingredients for Savoury French Toast are eggs, salt and pepper.
- 4 slices Bread a day old
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt to Taste
- Oil/ghee/butter to grease
- In a big bowl, crack the eggs.
- Add the pepper powder, salt and beat the eggs until the pepper powder disperses in the eggs.
- Grease a non-stick tava/skillet and heat it. Keep the gas on sim all the time.
- Drop the bread in the egg mixture.
- With a fork or spoon turn the bread and transfer it to the tava.
- If you have greased your tava well you will not need to add more fat.
- Turn the bread with a spatula. Check if there are brown spots.
- Let the other side brown too.
- Serve immediately.
- These toasts can be served with homemade tomato sauce, but my family relishes them just plain.
[inlinkz_linkup id=725594 mode=1]