Last Updated on
You have tried many things to get the child to eat varied his diet, bribed him, cajoled him. Still no success?
Roasted Beet Salad
- 8 medium-size beets, tops removed and scrubbed
- ½ cup balsamic reduction
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oranges, separated in segments (I used baby oranges)
- Few cashew nuts
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- dhania/ coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Wrap each beet in aluminium foil and roast them in a tray for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Basically, this will depend on the size of the beets. You have to roast them till a sharp knife inserted in the middle indicates that they are tender.
- Cool a little and unwrap and set aside till they cool down to allow you to handle them.
- Meanwhile whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- Peel the beets and cut them to bite sized pieces/ wedges according to your choice in a large bowl.
- Add half of the vinaigrette (warm beets absorb more vinaigrette). Check the seasonings.
- Mix the oranges.
- Arrange on the serving platter and then add the cashew nuts, and the sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with additional vinaigrette, salt and pepper if desired garnish with dhania/coriander leaves.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Roasted Beet Salad|