Easy, creamy Eggless Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe that is made in the freezer. You can also customise it too for your favourite flavours! Try it!
You have tried many things to get the child to eat varied his diet, bribed him, cajoled him. Still no success?
Have you tried using colours to attract a child to eat? This is true especially in the case of babies and toddlers.
Let me narrate a true incident.
My younger daughter was 7-8 months old she loved to rock. I used to generally sit with her on my lap and she used to look outside the window and rock all the while, of course, she needed support.
I had finished my meal and hubby dear had come back from the market with cherries. He had, as per our practice let them soaking in salted water, gave me some in a plate.
Hearing him kiddo turned around to smile at him and she saw the plate of cherries, red luscious berries!! She almost jumped out of my hands to get them.
That is the power of colour!!
To add colour to your child’s plate read here.
This week I will try and include colour in our plate.
Roasted Beet Salad
Adapted from: Here
- 8 medium-size beets, tops removed and scrubbed
- ½ cup balsamic reduction
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oranges, separated in segments (I used baby oranges)
- Few cashew nuts
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- dhania/ coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Wrap each beet in aluminium foil and roast them in a tray for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Basically, this will depend on the size of the beets. You have to roast them till a sharp knife inserted in the middle indicates that they are tender.
- Cool a little and unwrap and set aside till they cool down to allow you to handle them.
- Meanwhile whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- Peel the beets and cut them to bite sized pieces/ wedges according to your choice in a large bowl.
- Add half of the vinaigrette (warm beets absorb more vinaigrette). Check the seasonings.
- Mix the oranges.
- Arrange on the serving platter and then add the cashew nuts, and the sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with additional vinaigrette, salt and pepper if desired garnish with dhania/coriander leaves.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Roasted Beet Salad|