“Alpineliebi pudding again? “
daughter made me realise that this pudding is yummy and is acceptable yet again
at home. Not an easy feature with her!
let me tell you from the beginning.
are having a mega marathon this time we have chosen baking.
He brought me apricot jam; naturally I was on a look out for a dish to be made
with it. I had zeroed down on this amazing African pudding called “Malva
they had to say that they were guest after all! but my mentally diabetic husband
and “I don’t like sweets” daughters like it so much that it was over by the
time I came back home from work the next day.
tablespoon of jam I can make it again for him!
- 180 g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tblspn apricot jam
- 150 g maida or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tblspn butter, heaped melted
- 1tsp vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 100 g butter
- 90 g sugar
- 90 ml hot water
- 2tsps vanilla essence
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, cover and set
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- Grease an oven dish. I used an 8 x 8 inch Borosil dish.
- Sieve the flour, soda and salt.
- Whip the sugar and
eggs with electric beaters until thick and lemon coloured.
- Add the jam and mix through.
- Add the melted butter and vinegar to the wet mixture.
- Add the flour mix with the milk to the egg mixture. Beat
- Pour into an oven-proof dish and bake until pudding is brown
and well-risen — depending on your oven and oven dish this will be between 30
– 45 minutes. (Mine was done in 24 minutes this time).
- Melt together the
ingredients for the sauce, and stir well.
- Pour it over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the
- Leave to stand awhile before serving. Serve warm. Because
it’s rich it does not really need enhancement, but if you want, serve with
vanilla ice cream.
- The sides were wet and gooey but the centers were drier. Next time plan to poke with the skewer in the centers so that the sauce spreads easily in the center too.
then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you
are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I
would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.
I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!