This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
I picked up Jalapenos at Ahmadabad. I kept wondering what to make of them. Finally Apeksha, my elder daughter suggested I make Jalapenos stuffed.
So this is the stuffing I made and served it as a side dish but I wish I had discussed it with Vaishali before I served this for her suggestion was after stuffing you can dip the Jalapenos in batter and fry them as pakodas. This thought never came to my minds. Thanks Vaishali for suggesting this. Next time I pick up Jalapenos this is the makeover they will get.
This is my Blogging Marathon entry for the month long Marathon under the theme" Seasonal"!
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 15 Jalapenos
- 4 boiled potatoes, mashed coarsely
- 15 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon jeera
- turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Heat the 2 teaspoon oil in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok.
- Add the jeera and let it crackle. Add the garlic let brown a bit.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till the onion is translucent.
- Add the potatoes, coriander powder, jeera powder turmeric and salt.
- Mix well and stir well. The stuffing must be dry.
- Ste aside and cool the mixture.
- Meanwhile slit the Jalapenos. Remove the seeds in case you want to reduce the pungency. (Check notes).
- Stuff the Jalapenos with the cooled potato mixture.
- Heat 1 tblspn oil in another kadhai/wok add the Jalapenos and cook them till their color changes. Serve hot.
- To remove the seeds from Jalapenos best is to wear gloves but in case you do not. Smear a little oil before you remove the seeds and remember to wash your hand well. Smear oil again. This will prevent the burning of your hands. Also please remember not to touch your face while doing this. I have sun allergy and I did not realize I had touched my face and my face was burning so badly that I went beetroot red. Bai told me this way to reduce the burn.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!
When I read stuffed jalapeno I was expecting the typical cheese drugging. I Like this potato basedbasedstuffing idea. And yes, making pakoras out of them will be great too. And thanks for the tips on reducing burning sensation while handling the. Very useful. BTW i made picked jalapenos and will post it this week
Oops! I meant cheese stuffing not cheese drugging!!!
Yup BM 25 is still going strong right? Comes every now and then in our recipes. I am yet to post my jalapeno pickle. Will be doing next week.
The stuffed peppers look very appetizing and deep frying would have made them absolutely divine,...Looking forward to that 'next time' you pick these up 🙂
Thats great, even ur lil one is a budding chef Archana..those stuffed peppers looks super attractive.
i had plans to share this recipe for birthday week, until hubby said, your theme is for kids, this is so delicious , i add some cheese as well and coat the outer sid e with crumbs, your stuffing is very interesting with indian spices
The potato stuffing can never go wrong! Love it!
Gosh I knew I was going to read on this sometime..and as Rajani says we are still going strong on BM 25th, so many more memories to create!..nice recipe
Super tempting and attractive stuffed jalapenos..love the potato stuffing its very inviting..
Oh yumm!! Those must have tasted amazing -- spicy and delicious..
BM 25 is never too far away from our mind! This is a great way to stuff and ofcourse the fried version would have been great too.
omg..another post to remind me that i missed a wonderful trip..This looks yumm
Suma Gandlur says
The stuffing can make even the jalapeno syndrome go away. 🙂 Looks yum.