A chutney made with Tender Tamarind Leaves Pachadi Recipe is simply delicious. Also called Chintha Chiguru Tokkuthis spicy and sour chutney tastes great with just about anything. Try it with not just idli, dosa but with bhakri and chapati even steamed rice. Try it!
I picked up Jalapenos at Ahmadabad. I kept wondering what to make of them. Finally Apeksha, my elder daughter suggested I make Jalapenos stuffed.
So this is the stuffing I made and served it as a side dish but I wish I had discussed it with Vaishali before I served this for her suggestion was after stuffing you can dip the Jalapenos in batter and fry them as pakodas. This thought never came to my minds. Thanks Vaishali for suggesting this. Next time I pick up Jalapenos this is the makeover they will get.
This is my Blogging Marathon entry for the month long Marathon under the theme” Seasonal”!
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 15 Jalapenos
- 4 boiled potatoes, mashed coarsely
- 15 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp jeera powder
- ¼ tsp jeera
- turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Heat the 2 tsp oil in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok.
- Add the jeera and let it crackle. Add the garlic let brown a bit.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till the onion is translucent.
- Add the potatoes, coriander powder, jeera powder turmeric and salt.
- Mix well and stir well. The stuffing must be dry.
- Ste aside and cool the mixture.
- Meanwhile slit the Jalapenos. Remove the seeds in case you want to reduce the pungency. (Check notes).
- Stuff the Jalapenos with the cooled potato mixture.
- Heat 1 tblspn oil in another kadhai/wok add the Jalapenos and cook them till their color changes. Serve hot.
- To remove the seeds from Jalapenos best is to wear gloves but in case you do not. Smear a little oil before you remove the seeds and remember to wash your hand well. Smear oil again. This will prevent the burning of your hands. Also please remember not to touch your face while doing this. I have sun allergy and I did not realize I had touched my face and my face was burning so badly that I went beetroot red. Bai told me this way to reduce the burn.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!