12 September, 2014
Falafel Wraps for Lebanon
oil, often seasoned by lemon juice. olive oil, herbs, garlic and lemon are typical flavours found in the Lebanese diet.
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana/white chick peas, soaked overnight
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped or minced
- 2-3 garlic crushed
- 1 tsp dhania/ coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- ½ tsp kali mirchi/ pepper corns crushed
- 2 tbsp atta /whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- Salt as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Cook the soaked Kabuli Chana in the pressure cooker with 2 cups of water for 2 whistles. Cool.
- In a mixer/ blender add the drained Chana and mash/ coarse grind.
- Add all the other ingredients except the oil and grind to get a paste.
- Transfer from the mixer to a bowl and mix everything well.
- With your hands form small or medium sized balls or patties.
- Deep fry in hot oil like you would do for pakoras/fritters.
- Flip over to the other side whilst frying to ensure that the falafels are evenly fried.
- Drain falafel on kitchen tissues to remove excess oil.
- You can serve falafel hot with pita bread or serve as snack/starter with some sauce.
- But I served it like this fulkas, hummus, cheese slice, falafel and pickled cucumber and onion and dhania/
coriander leaves as garnish.
- Very very yum!!!
|Falafel Wraps for Lebnon|
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!