Make some vegan Wonton soup with homemade wrappers and wontons for the Chinese New Year! Try it!
oil, often seasoned by lemon juice. olive oil, herbs, garlic and lemon are typical flavours found in the Lebanese diet.
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana/white chick peas, soaked overnight
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped or minced
- 2-3 garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon dhania/ coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder/jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon kali mirchi/ pepper corns crushed
- 2 tablespoon atta /whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves
- Salt as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Cook the soaked Kabuli Chana in the pressure cooker with 2 cups of water for 2 whistles. Cool.
- In a mixer/ blender add the drained Chana and mash/ coarse grind.
- Add all the other ingredients except the oil and grind to get a paste.
- Transfer from the mixer to a bowl and mix everything well.
- With your hands form small or medium sized balls or patties.
- Deep fry in hot oil like you would do for pakoras/fritters.
- Flip over to the other side whilst frying to ensure that the falafels are evenly fried.
- Drain falafel on kitchen tissues to remove excess oil.
- You can serve falafel hot with pita bread or serve as snack/starter with some sauce.
- But I served it like this fulkas, hummus, cheese slice, falafel and pickled cucumber and onion and dhania/
coriander leaves as garnish.
- Very very yum!!!
|Falafel Wraps for Lebnon|
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!
The Mediterranean Cuisine Variations: