Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
In continuation with Gayatri’s challenge for the Eggless baking group I am posting my Quiche recipe.
I have already written about the making of the base here now here is the filling and the finished quiche.
Let me warn you that even though I have never eaten Quiche before and I loved it.
But then I am not a difficult person to please especially when it comes to food. 🙂
My younger daughter had promised me she will not, sorry “N-O-T” bold and underlined at that” eating quiche with all that palak/spinach and tofu yuck, “is now pestering me for the last slice that has escaped her mouth.
My husband and most importantly my FIL, yes My Father-in-Law loved it and ate it happily every time it was offered.
Every recipe that I went through said they made 2 bases and the filling for 2 bases but I had 3 bases so I increased the filling accordingly. Also I wanted more veggies in my filling so I have added them.
2 tblsp butter
3 big onions, chopped fine
1 bulb of garlic, chopped fine
4 bunches palak/spinach
3 big florets of cauliflower, cut in bite sized pieces
½ cup frozen sweet corn
½ a packet of silken tofu
225 grams cheese(Amul), grated
200 ml fresh cream (I used Amul)
14 grms agar agar
1 cup water
1 tblsp oregano
1 tblsp Italian seasoning
For white sauce
3 tblsp maida
3 tblsp butter
3 cups milk
2 tblsp freshly ground Pepper
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Salt to taste
1. Divide the agar agar in 3 bowls. Divide the water in the 3 bowls.
2. Drain the tofu, keep in a colander and put some weight on it.
To make white sauce:
1. Mix the maida and butter. On low flame gently fry the maida till you get a nice aroma. Cool.
2. Mix the milk well till there are no lumps. Return to low flame and stir continuously till the sauce thickens.
3. Remove from the flame add a pinch of salt, nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Stir and cool.
1. Clean the spinach remove the stalks and just use the leaves. And cut them up roughly.
2. In a big pan add the butter add the chopped fine. Fry till golden brown.
3. Add the cauliflower and stir fry. Add a pinch of salt and fry till the cauliflower becomes tender.
4. Add the corn and the palak/spinach, tofu crumbled. Add the oregano, Italian seasoning mix well.
5. Transfer to a colander to drain all the liquids, use the back of the spoon to squeeze out the liquids. Cool.
To assemble the quiche:
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Divide the veggies 3 bowls; add the cheese the white sauce.
3. Divide and mix the cream in the bowls.
4. Take one bowl of agar agar and heat on low flame stirring constantly till the agar agar dissolves.
5. Add to one of the bowls of the veggies. Mix well.
6. Transfer to the base and spread the filling. Smoothen in the base.
7. Bake for 50 minutes till centre sets.10 minutes before the baking time gets over cover the base with a foil.
8. Stand for 15 minutes and serve.
|Before the bake
Thanks Gayatri I will be definitely be making it again shortly.
|Before the ATTACK
P.S. In case you are wondering about the flower its the gulmohar flower. One of my favourites. I was really surprised to see one on the compound wall in the nearby mall. Not only is it a full flower what surprised me most is that when it is pouring here the flower is around a Full one!Normally one or two downpours and they all are on the roadside. I could not resist including it.Linking this to The Dedicated House Make it Pretty Monday