Who says you make only Gajar Halwa or Salads with Carrots? Try making this Creamy French Potage de Crécy Recipe! We loved it and was enjoyed with Focaccia.
I have made the date cake from the site “Aayi’s Recipes” many times.
It is just fantastic!!
Last week I tried the recipe twice, only the second time I had no cashew nuts!! And so I substituted with almonds and 2 lonesome dried figs.
I did not expect my kids to like it so I was quite surprised when the younger one ate it.
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup atta
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 tea spn baking soda
20 almonds and 2 figs
1. Soak the dates in warm milk overnight.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F.
4. Grease a tray mine is a bowl which is 6″x3″.
5. Add sugar to the dates and grind them to a smooth paste along with the milk in which it is soaked in.
6. Add the nuts and figs and grind to the desired consistency. I generally grind it fine as my kids do not like nuts in their cake.
7. Add oil and mix.
8. Sieve together flour and baking soda. Add the flour one table spoon at a time and mix slowly.
9. If you are adding whole nuts add the nuts now and mix.
10. Bake for 35 minutes, till the cake leaves the sides of the bowl or till a knife inserted in the cake comes out dry.