Easy to make Coconut Coriander Chutney Recipe using everyday pantry ingredients with substitutions and variations, Also called nariyal ki chutney you can enjoy chutney with idli, dosa, upma, Pongal or just plain chapati.
If anyone ever thought themes blogging was easy try blogging with alphabets and themes!!
Everytime I think of a dish it’s like ha this is with the alphabet say “D” then it has to fit within the limits that have been set for the themes.
I do believe I have never pored over, yes pored over my recipes books and clippings as much I have in the last few months it’s like I am answering an exam!!
Here are my exam papers till now…
And now D
Some of the alphabets it’s easy but some it’s… like you have reached a brick wall!!
One such wall was for the alphabet “D”!
I kept on changing my mind again and again, nothing new here, but then I annoyed myself and felt like a dunce! Finally I decided to make “Drunkard’s Noodles.” No I have not d(r)unked them in alcohol!!
Drunkard’s noodles needs rice noodles but since I could not get them I used ordinary noodles, then again I have used veggies because I wanted a 1 pot meal. The girls managed to twist my hand and get me to make Hot and Sour veggies to go with it! But that’s beside the point! I have marked the veggies I have used as optional you may omit them.
Drunkard’s noodles from Tarla Dalal
- 2 packets noodles
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 chillies, chopped fine
- 2 onion, sliced
- 2 tomato, quartered thin
- Rind of 2 lemons
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 red or green capsicum, chopped (I used both)
- 10 french beans, blanched and sliced (optional)
- 10 mushrooms , cleaned and quartered (optional)
- 1 carrot cut in julienne (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Boil the noodles as per the instructions on the packet.
- Drain them and cool them under running water. Spread them on the flat surface and apply oil. You could also apply maida to prevent them from sticking.
- Heat the oil add the garlic and chillies.
- Add the mushrooms and add a pinch of salt to the mushrooms. Cook covered till done.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the capsicum and stir well.
- Towards the end add the capsicum and serve immediately.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then a big Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!