You can make this gluten-free ladoo, a round ball of melt in the mouth magic called Besan Laddu or plain Besan Unde. Simple pantry ingredients make this sweet a divine offering to the Gods! Served in a traditional meal as a sweet or as a dessert, a delicacy made with Bengal Gram flour you cannot stop eating just one!
If anyone ever thought themes blogging was easy try blogging with alphabets and themes!!
Everytime I think of a dish it’s like ha this is with the alphabet say “D” then it has to fit within the limits that have been set for the themes.
I do believe I have never pored over, yes pored over my recipes books and clippings as much I have in the last few months it’s like I am answering an exam!!
Here are my exam papers till now…
And now D
Some of the alphabets it’s easy but some it’s… like you have reached a brick wall!!
One such wall was for the alphabet “D”!
I kept on changing my mind again and again, nothing new here, but then I annoyed myself and felt like a dunce! Finally I decided to make “Drunkard’s Noodles.” No I have not d(r)unked them in alcohol!!
Drunkard’s noodles needs rice noodles but since I could not get them I used ordinary noodles, then again I have used veggies because I wanted a 1 pot meal. The girls managed to twist my hand and get me to make Hot and Sour veggies to go with it! But that’s beside the point! I have marked the veggies I have used as optional you may omit them.
Drunkard’s noodles from Tarla Dalal
- 2 packets noodles
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 chillies, chopped fine
- 2 onion, sliced
- 2 tomato, quartered thin
- Rind of 2 lemons
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon dark soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 red or green capsicum, chopped (I used both)
- 10 french beans, blanched and sliced (optional)
- 10 mushrooms , cleaned and quartered (optional)
- 1 carrot cut in julienne (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Boil the noodles as per the instructions on the packet.
- Drain them and cool them under running water. Spread them on the flat surface and apply oil. You could also apply maida to prevent them from sticking.
- Heat the oil add the garlic and chillies.
- Add the mushrooms and add a pinch of salt to the mushrooms. Cook covered till done.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the capsicum and stir well.
- Towards the end add the capsicum and serve immediately.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then a big Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!