Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
Cauliflower and Peas in Cheese Sauce, I came across this sauce in a cookbook and knew it will be loved at home.
White sauce is the base in which cheese is added. Cheese sauce added to cauliflower is a staple and loved in British cuisine. My family, especially my husband loves all these kind of dishes so this was to be made immediately.
I came across it in the book Best-Ever Sauces Cookbook by Christine France in the Central Library, Panaji. Actually what attracted me were the simple sauces most of them are to go with red meat or chicken but I will figure a way to serve them with regular vegetables.
This is the first thing I tried from the cookbook and let me tell you I hate every picture I took. Don’t go by the mess the picture is the dish is not photogenic. Will love to you hear from you how to click a better picture and the girls and hubby are all to ready to eat!
This is part of January Week 3, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group.
Cauliflower and Peas in Cheese Sauce
- 1 medium Cauliflower cut into florets
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ Cups Maida/APF (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 ¼ Cups Milk
- 115 Grams Cheese grated, I used Amul Processed cheese
- Salt to taste
- Kali mirich/ Black pepper ground
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chilli powder (optional)
- Wash the cauliflower and put in a thick kadhai/wok. Cook on low flame till the cauliflower is tender. Transfer the florets to an ovenproof dish.
To make the sauce:
- Though the traditional method is melting the butter and then stirring the flour I prefer to stir the butter in the flour then gently cook it, stirring constantly about 1 minute. The flour should not brown.
- Then I cool the pan fully and then gradually stir in the milk breaking all the lumps.
- Cook again on low heat, stirring, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil simmer gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in three-quarters of the cheese and season (add the chilli powder here if using).
- Spoon the sauce over the boiled cauliflower.
- Add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also grill it before serving.