This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
One sure way to party is with Brownies.
In fact this lot was to be the present for one of my friends Neelaprabha alias Niloo and unfortunately it never reached her.
Be warned these brownies are extremely additive. Even when I bake a double batch they disappear instantaneously.
The only option now is to tell Niloo is come over then I back a double batch so at least one batch reaches her home hopefully!
I have baked these both with and without eggs the substitute for 2 eggs was 1 cup of buttermilk.
Recipe source Love 2 Cook Malaysia.
This is my Blogging Marathon entry for the month long Marathon under the theme" Occasions"!
- 113 grms butter
- 125 grms dark chocolate, chopped
- 200 grms granulated sugar, fine
- 2 eggs
- 80 grms maida
- 40 grms cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Chopped walnuts
- 1 tblspn orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange essence
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Combine butter dark chocolate and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir medium heat till chocolate and butter melt.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add the eggs and stir.
- Gradually add mixture of flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir till well combined. Add the walnuts, zest and essence.
- Pour in greased lined rectangular tin and bake at 170ºC for 40 minutes.
- You can serve with vanilla ice cream. We had it just plain.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!
Dark and decadent..these look soo good!
Love2cook Malaysia says
Hello dear...your brownies look fabulous...soft and chocolatey! Thanks for the mention...and so glad the brownies disappeared soon 🙂
Thanks again for trying the recipe dear. Have a fantastic week ahead.
Ah an old favourite! I love chocolate brownies and yours look like Gauri said dark and decadent and oh so tempting! 🙂
Brownies look yumm. I know it's quite difficult not to taste the whole batch to make sure they turned out perfect 🙂
Brownies look so moist and decadent! No wonder these get over fast 🙂
Deep, dark, nice and fudgy. God bless the brownies. Love them