This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
My SIL makes this cake very often. It's very simple, tasty, and can be made out of ingredients available at home. Her instructions are also simple but I have tried to put some standard measures.
1 packet of glucose biscuits the one that costs Rs.10/- only (190 grams).
3 dav sugar (dav is a serving spoon for daal substitute with 190 grams)
2 tblspns Drinking chocolate
2 tblspns cocoa
220 ml milk
1 sachet of Eno's fruit salt (5 grams)
- Grease a bowl/ tray about 6x3 inches.
- Grind the biscuits, sugar cocoa and drinking chocolate to a fine powder.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add 200 ml milk and make a batter. Mix well.
- In the remaining milk add the fruit salt and mix immediately in the batter.
- Mix well. Transfer in the greased bowl/tray.
- Microwave for5-6minutes or, till the cake leaves the sides of the bowl or till a knife inserted in the cake comes out dry.
P.S. the beauty of the cake is you can add 10-12 almonds, cashewnuts . I generally add it in the mixer to avoid the complaints galore.
You can use any biscuit only the sugar and flavouring will have to be changed accordingly.
Bake it as a regular cake in the oven also its divine.
Your comments, feedback are something I look forward to. So do comment and share with family and friends.