You can make this gluten-free ladoo, a round ball of melt in the mouth magic called Besan Laddu or plain Besan Unde. Simple pantry ingredients make this sweet a divine offering to the Gods! Served in a traditional meal as a sweet or as a dessert, a delicacy made with Bengal Gram flour you cannot stop eating just one!
of my body…
Bataat Abu Humar Adanee /Adeni potatoes with red
chilli and tamarind sauce
- 1 kg about 15-20 small potatoes
small lemon sized ball of tamarind soak in water
- 4 red chillies soaked in warm water
tblspn of ‘ushar (pickled lemon)–optional
- 3 tblspn of oil
- Dhania/ coriander , chopped for
- Blend the red chillies in the chutney
pot of the blender.
- In a pot boil the potatoes until soft. They should not be
- Drop the potatoes in cold water to stop further cooking. Peel the potatoes if you feel like but halve
- Then in a pot under medium high
heat add the oil and the red chilli mixture.
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes. Then
add the pickled lemons, and the tamarind and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt, potatoes and half a cup
of water and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
|Bataat Abu Humar Adanee|
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!