On Ashadha Amavasya is also called as Deepaanvit Amavasya lamps are worshipped. This simple and delicious recipe where Whole Wheat Flour Lamps are used to worship lamps. A simple and healthy steamed recipe from Maharashtra underlines that even lamp is worshipable.
Last Updated on
Kabuli Chana Biryani is one healthy way to eat protein. It’s delicious and the chickpeas lend a delicious flavour to the rice. Cooked in the oven, in the end, its flavours are amazing. Do try it out.
Kabuli Chana Biryani
|Kabuli Chana Biryani|
- 1 cup Kabuli chana/white chickpeas, soaked overnight and
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
- 1 ½ tbsp Biryani masala
- 2 onions, ground
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 5 tbsp oil
- A pinch of hing/asafoetida
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup curd
- A few springs of dhania/ coriander leaves
- A few springs of pudina/mint
- 2 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Drain the chana and reserve the water.
- Measure the reserved water and make it 1 ½ cup adding more water.
- Add to the rice, check the seasoning and cook on low flame till the water is absorbed and the rice is ¾ done.
- Cool and fluff the rice.
- Grind 1 onion, the coriander leaves, mint green chillies, ginger garlic paste.
- Add to the chana along with the curd and 1 tbsp of the Biryani masala. Mix well and set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok add the other onion fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the tomato puree, hing/asafoetida and fry till brown.
- Add the rest of the Biryani masala, the marinated Kabuli chana, salt and stir well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Take an oven proof casserole and smear it with 1 tsp ghee.
- Spread a layer of rice, and then spread the Kabuli chana layer. Repeat let the last layer be the rice.
- Pour the ghee on top.
- Cover the whole thing with and aluminium foil and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Peel the aluminium foil just before serving.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!