Who says you make only Gajar Halwa or Salads with Carrots? Try making this Creamy French Potage de Crécy Recipe! We loved it and was enjoyed with Focaccia.
And I panicked and made an SOS visit to Sheetal!
- ½ kg alsande soaked overnight
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 tomato chopped fine
- 1 coconut, freshly grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 10 laung/cloves
- 1-inch dalchini/cinnamon ( adjust)
- 3 tblspn dhania/ coriander seeds
- 4-6 kali Mirch/ peppercorns
- 12-13 dry chillies
- ½ tsp saunf/fennel seeds
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 dagad phool/star anise petals
- In the alsande add the onion and tomato and salt you can either pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or cook outside in an open pot till the alsande are cooked.
- Meanwhile in a kadhai/wok add a little oil and fry the cloves, cinnamon, coriander seeds, pepper, dry chillies, fennel seeds, nutmeg and the star anise and set aside.
- In the same kadhai/wok roast the coconut with the onions and garlic.
- Grind the coconut with turmeric to a fine paste.
- Add to the alsande and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with pav garnished with dhania/ coriander.
I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!