7 April, 2013
BrowniesPosted in : Baked, Baking Powder, Blogging Marathon, Brownies, Butter, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Festive Cooking, For Chocoholics, Maida, Sugar, Walnuts, Zest on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Baked, baking recipes, Blogging Marathon, cakes, Dessert
One sure way to party is with Brownies.
In fact this lot was to be the present for one of my friends Neelaprabha alias Niloo and unfortunately it never reached her.
Be warned these brownies are extremely additive. Even when I bake a double batch they disappear instantaneously.
The only option now is to tell Niloo is come over then I back a double batch so at least one batch reaches her home hopefully!
I have baked these both with and without eggs the substitute for 2 eggs was 1 cup of buttermilk.
Recipe source Love 2 Cook Malaysia.
This is my Blogging Marathon entry for the month long Marathon under the theme” Occasions”!
- 113 grms butter
- 125 grms dark chocolate, chopped
- 200 grms granulated sugar, fine
- 2 eggs
- 80 grms maida
- 40 grms cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Chopped walnuts
- 1 tblspn orange zest
- 1 tsp orange essence
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Combine butter dark chocolate and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir medium heat till chocolate and butter melt.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add the eggs and stir.
- Gradually add mixture of flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir till well combined. Add the walnuts, zest and essence.
- Pour in greased lined rectangular tin and bake at 170ºC for 40 minutes.
- You can serve with vanilla ice cream. We had it just plain.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!