A South Indian Bhat recipe uses an easy homemade spice blend. I am sharing 2 ways of making the rice but I am sure you will come up with more options. Try it!
Every year in the beginning of summer I empty my freezer to make space. For every summer I start making the much awaited dessert!!
Thanks to my friend Vidya I have a foolproof method of cooling down.
Here is what you will need for the base.
½ litre high fat milk
1 ½ tblspn corn flour
1 ½ tblspn GMS powder
⅛ sp alginet powder ( a pinch)
8 tblspn sugar
3 tblspn milk powder
1. Mix all the ingredients in a kadhai/wok.
2. Heat on low flame till it boils stirring constantly with a slotted spoon (this step is most important).
3. Cool and set in the freezer.
4. Your base is ready.
For the ice cream:
½ teaspoon essence
¼ teaspoon colour
½ cup cream
1. Take a big vessel and add all the ingredients.
2. With the beater start beating the base .
3. Take care to turn the vessel in one direction only.
4. The volume of the ice cream increases. To give you a rough idea, for I never measure I had about 2 litres of ice cream.
Serve with any sauce of your choice, nuts, and fruits!!
P.S. For chocolate base add 2 tblspn cocoa and ⅛ spoon coffee. While whipping use ¼ teaspoon chocolate essence.