Take a shortcut for your next Summer Party appetizer use bakery brought toast or Rusk! A simple and colourful snack that easy for kids to put together.
That I am known my family as someone who experiments with food is not new.
In fact hubby’s aunt once commented that I cannot eat the same amti, bhaji, poli and bhat everyday and I have taught the same to my family. How do you expect variety in food every day? At that moment I felt very bad and tried to confirm to the norm but now I realize there are so many ways of making the veggie in question that I cannot eat the same thing everyday also I am not the only one who wants variety she should look at my friends here.
So we do have problem veggies in our house one of them is beet root. I just cannot get them to eat it! I have waxed eloquently about the nutrients in beets, the lovely colour that it has etc. but all is like pouring water over the ducks back!!
So when I read here about the cake with beet roots in it. Totally invisible, no flavor of beet root I jumped at the idea. What can be a better healthy snack for The BM#14, Group 2 Day 4?
Here is the original recipe with all my heartfelt thanks to Champa and here is mine.
1 cup maida
¼ cup cocoa
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp soda
1 tblsp flax seed powder
3 tblsp warm water
1 cup beet, peeled and shredded
¼ cup oil
¼ cup+2 tblsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup chocolate chips
1. Soak the flax seeds with warm water for about 5 minutes.
2. Grease a loaf pan and pre heat the oven to 180ᵒC.
3. Sift the maida, baking powder, soda, salt and cocoa in a big bowl.
4. Add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
5. Add the grated beets, ½ cup milk and oil. Fold.
6. In case the mixture is too stiff add the 2 tblsp milk.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or till the knife inserted comes out clean.
Do check out the others at Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14
Linking this to