My Quick and Easy Potato Leek Soup is flavoured with cumin coriander seed powder and is perfect for all you busy bachelors out there. This one pot soup is perfect for those days when time is scarce, and you are hungry . This go-to bachelor soup, uses basic ingredients in their pantry. they have onion,...
An extremely flavourful Hot Pot Recipe that is just perfect for the weather which calls for warm soups!
This flavorful Hot Pot Soup is a delicious and perfect one-pot meal. This soup though I am calling it a hotpot is by no means one. But that does not mean that it not delicious and filling and of course healthy. Another soup we enjoy a lot is the Wonton Soup, you will like it too! Do try!
Do you too struggle to add variety to your meals? Does your family crave variety in their meal? Then you are at the right place for I try and vary, add newer dishes that are easy to make but healthy. So do read this easy healthy and vegan recipe that I am sharing. But to get all my posts do subscribe and join my newsletter. You will not miss a single post and I promise not to spam you.
What is a Hot Pot?
A hot pot is when you set up a pot of soup that simmers on the table. The diners then cook their vegetables, greens, and proteins as they wish in the simmering bowl. This comfortable meal is very common in Asian countries.The idea is sharing with friends and family food as well as time. A relaxed meal that is comforting, delicious and of course healthy. This hotpot is Vegan, Low-Calorie, Dairy-Free among other things.
Why is this soup not a Hot Pot?
- I have not set a portable stove with the broth simmering.
- We did not cook the ingredients at the pot. I did in the kitchen.
- We did not gather around the pot our mealtimes are staggered.
I cannot set up a Hot Pot what do I do?
- Like me, you cannot set up a portable stove for whatever reasons does not mean you cannot make this broth.
- I made a broth without mushrooms for my father-in-law.
- Sauteed the mushrooms separately and added it for hubby and me too!
- I did not want to stand in the kitchen to eat so I dished it out for us.
Mock Asian Hot Pot Soup Recipe
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 tablespoon garlic chopped fine
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 5-6 vegetable stock cubes
- 4-5 bok choy leaves
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup chinese cabbage
- ½ carrots sliced
- 100 g spaghetti/ noodles
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon chilli oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds and
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Add oil in a pan add the chopped garlic and sauté till golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and sauté lightly till you get an aroma.
- Add 3 cups water and stock cubes and bok choy, broccoli and bring to boil. Check the seasoning and adjust I found it too salty so added more water. About 2-3 minutes
- Once the water starts boiling add noodles add light soya sauce and chilli oil and a little sesame oil.
- Once the noodles cook add the add chinese cabbage and carrots. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with chilli oil and sesame seeds and chilli oil.
- I used spaghetti in place of noodles next time add the spaghetti to the stock and once it is done to my liking add the veggies. This way the veggies are a bit crunchy the way we like it.
- Also, adding tofu or paneer will bring up the protein content I did not add any. Our proteins came from masoor salad that day.
I must say we loved the soup a lot. I had made regular lunch of dal, rice, chapati, sabzi etc. thinking of a backup plan in case this is not liked much. Needless to say I was left holding the backup and an empty pa of soup! A must make yet again!
Other One-Pot Meals to try:
- Vegetarian Tehri My Tryst With Awadhi Cuisine
- Easy Little Millet Khichidi|Millets Recipes|One Pot Meals
- #9 Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Here is a fabulous collection from my friends at the Foodies+ community on Facebook: