An easy and multipurpose Coffee Rub Mix that makes great a starter, side or a filling for a wrap! Your Vegan friend will also relish great food at your Holiday Table too. Try it!
The other day I wanted to make something different for our dinner. So I decided to make burgers. Next for once I listed out the things that I would need.
1. White sauce,
2. Onion rings, tomatoes lettuce,
4. Buns and the cutlets to go in the buns.
I had the salad ingredients so I decided to make the white sauce and the cutlets.
For the cutlets I used soya chunks and spinach and made them in the morning.
By the time I came back from work the cutlets were all gone except 4 cutlets. “Two each for both of you” I was told.
These are the snaps of the leftover cutlets that I had with salad and green chutney that I whipped up to eat with the buns.
1 bunch of spinach, washed, picked and chopped
1 pinch soda
7 Soya chunks
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion finely chopped
1 tblspn tomato ketchup
1 tsp chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
2 potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
Garam masala (optional) (I do not use this)
2 cups bread crumbs
1. Heat sufficient water with a pinch of soda in a wide vessel and when it boils add the spinach. Keep a colander ready after 1 minute pour out the boiling water and spinach and immediately dip the spinach in ice cold water. This preserves the deep green colour of the spinach but as I did not have ice I used the tap water. Let the spinach dry.
2. I added the Soya chunks in warm salted water. Squeezed them and soaked them again. (This I believe is a mistake should have boiled them.)Then after 15 minutes squeeze the chunks and since they were big I shredded them to a fine.
3. Next in a kadhai/wok heat 1 tblspn oil add the crushed garlic and fry till brown.
4. Add the onions and fry till translucent. Add the chilli powder, garam masala if you are using it. Stir.
5. Add the Soya chunks and stir fry till the water evaporates.
6. Add the spinach and stir fry for about ½ a minute. Then add the potatoes, salt. Mix well.
7. Cool and add the bread crumbs. Adjust the salt.
8. Mix well to form soft dough. In case it is sticky add the cornflour and mix well.
9. Make balls and flatten them.
10. Shallow fry them with a little oil on a tava till reddish in both sides.
11. Keep aside.