Last Updated on
When we did the alphabet marathon Nandini had made quark. The first time I had heard of this delicious cheese. I had to make it.
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup curd
- ¼ cup water
- Bring the milk to a boil and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile blend the curd and water to get your buttermilk.
- Add buttermilk and mix.
- Let it rest undisturbed for 24 hours in a warm corner of the kitchen
- One full day later, line a sieve with cheesecloth (or a thin kitchen towel). Place this on a bowl with at least ½-ltr capacity to collect the drained whey water
- Pour the curds into the lined sieve and secure. Pull the edges together and twist it up or secure with a rubber band
- Place the entire apparatus in the refrigerator for 24 hours
- Remove the cheese from the cheesecloth and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.