Last Updated on
Pumpkin Curry is something that everyone rejects in my place. But Pumpkin Curry, Curry, Sri Lankan Way is one delicious curry that all of loved.
When I decided to bring #Sri Lankan Cuisine “#BuffetonTable ” as a #Blogging Marathoner I had no idea what a jackpot I had hit on. Actually, I have a neighbour who happens to be from Sri Lanka and she keeps telling me the food is delicious. The doubting Tom in me did not want to believe her. Of course, she had sent a delicious pudding across but still.
I wanted to make snake gourd curry but when I went to the market there was not one available. Since I had already planned and was running on a tight schedule I made pumpkin curry in the same way as the snake gourd curry.
The main ingredients are Pumpkin, coconut milk, and the Sri Lankan Curry powder.
The other pumpkin recipes I have tried are Simple Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Stir Fry, Bhopla che Bharit, Gawar Bhoplya chi Bhaji Cluster beans and Pumpkin Stir Fry. You can make Eggless Pumpkin Yeast Bread too! Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes anyone? The best was Pumpin Juice yes my Harry Potter Crazy kids loved it
My source is here.
Pumpkin Curry, Sri Lankan Way
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 2 Cups Pumpkin, chopped
- ½ Cup Coconut milk, thick
- Maldive fish (I did not use)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Rai/mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon Haldi/turmeric
- ½ Onion, chopped fine
- 2 Green chillies slit
- Curry leaves
- ½ Curry powder
- Heat oil and add the mustard seed. Let it splutter.
- Add the onion green chillies and curry leaves.
- Stir fry till onions are translucent.
- Add the turmeric and the pumpkin. Stir for a minute.
- Add ¼ cup of water. Mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and cook till pumpkin softens.
- Add the salt and curry powder. Add the maldive fish if using.
- Stir well and serve.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533186 mode=1].