cooked it too but then Canada kept popping in my head continuously!
country from inside the class when we were doing world geography. Either she
forgot to throw me out or gave up on me realizing that I will never be able to
draw maps to her satisfaction! Then there were Mills n Boon and instead of
reading the antics of the fair damsel and the dark hero and the villain thrown
in I used to love to read about the countryside….!!
interested since Manali went to Canada for a year long course. Vivek, her husband and she told me about warm
people who live there and the different foods, authentic food available not
like our Indo- Chinese, they have described the Japanese etc. food available
to do street foods, generally.
this time. I have had to make it 3 times now before I got pictures because the
girls loved it so much that they have finished it as soon as my back turned.
picture is taken after it was dark and the gravy was steaming and in a hurry.
Poutine (Fries and Gravy)
- 2 tblspn butter
- 2 tblspn whole wheat flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg /4-5 potatoes, peeled and cut
- ¼ kg fresh cheese curd( I used paneer)
- Peel (I never do) the
potatoes and cut in batons.
- In pot add salt and bring
to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and blanch for 4 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath.
- Remove, drain and dry completely.
- Fry the potato chips until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a kadhai/wok over low
heat, combine the butter and flour.
- Stir until till you get a
nice aroma. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes
for a dark roux.
- Stir in the stock.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Transfer the fries into the individual bowls.
- Spoon the gravy over the fries and crumble the paneer.
- Serve immediately.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!