Easy, creamy Eggless Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe that is made in the freezer. You can also customise it too for your favourite flavours! Try it!
|Orange Marmalade Scone Ring|
I have love Enid Blyton stories!!
Don’t you know Her?
For those who do not do not know her, she was a British author who has churned out books that are enjoyed by
kids from babyhood to teenage.
But coming back to Enid Blyton books my favourite were Famous Five. They went camping,solved strange cases etc. all on their own and always used to eat scones, tea cakes, ices…
Orange Marmalade Scone Ring
- 2 cups (300 grams) self-raising flour-sift
- 1tblpns caster sugar
- 30g butter, chilled and chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup raisins -coarsely chopped
- 1 tblspn icing sugar-for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a tray.
- Sift flour and mix well with sugar in a bowl
- Rub in butter until it resembles crumbs.
- Whisk the milk and egg in a small bowl add to the flour mixture.
- Use a knife to cut milk mixture through flour mixture to make a soft and sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface; knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll dough into 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread jam over dough; sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll dough firmly (but not too tightly) from one long side; place the log onto a baking tray.
- Curve the log to form a ring; press ends together to seal. Cut around outside of the ring at 4 cm intervals.
- Cutting all the way down to the tray but not cutting all the way through to the inside of the ring.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm dusted with sifted icing sugar.
I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!