A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
to make them again.
Karachi Bakery Biscuits
- 115 grms/ ½ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 100 grms/ ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 grms/ ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 30 grms/ ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup tutti fruity
- 2 tbsp chopped Cashew nuts
- Sift the baking powder and maida. Mix the wheat flour well. I
generally use the whisk to do this.
- In a large bowl using hand mixer cream butter and sugar
until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl as required.
- Add salt and flour and mix it well until the dough starts to
- Add tutti-fruity and cashew nuts and form a soft
- Transfer to a cling
film and shape the dough into a log.
- Cover and transfer to the refrigerator it for at least a
couple. I kept my log overnight.
- When ready to bake preheat your oven to 160°C/ 325°F.
- Grease 2 baking tins.
- With the help of a serrated knife, cut the log into 1/2 inch
wide slices. Shape the cookies with your hands if it breaks.
- Transfer the cookie slices onto the baking tray leaving few
inches gap between each other and bake for about 10-12 minutes until the
cookies turn brown from sides. Cool
completely on a wire rack.
|Karachi Bakery Biscuits|
then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you
are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I
would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.
I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!