This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Jam Swirled Muffins
When Gayatri for the Eggless baking groupsent the mail saying we are making Jam Swirled Muffins that was to be adapted from Technicolour Kitchen my reaction was, ” Good God! How sweet will it be?”
My family was my sure I have lost it, totally. All of them started finding excuses for me not to bake.
Inspite of this amazing enthusiasm I decided to bake the cake and carry it for my friends at work.
I was unnecessarily worried for the cake was so delicious that hubby and I got just a slice between the two of us. By the time I came out of the kitchen to the dining table where it was half finished. It was distributed out too. So I have been asked to make the same cake again.
- ⅔ cup (133g) sugar
- 2 cups (280g) Maida
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup plain curds
- 2 tablespoon egg replace powder
- 6 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅔ cup Kissan mixed fruit jam since it was too thick; I thinned it with 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F; butter muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add sugar and mix.
- In a large glass measuring cup or small bowl whisk together the yogurt, eggs replacer, water, vanilla and melted butter until well blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk lightly with a fork – do not over mix the batter, otherwise you’ll end up with tough muffins.
- Add the jam and whisk lightly, to keep the marbled effect. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are golden and a skewer inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack, cool 5 minutes, then carefully unmold. Let cool completely on the wire rack.
Linking this to Srivalli’s Cakes Mela.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!
I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!
Looks great Archana..
farzana & aliasgarmukhtiar says