A South Indian Bhat recipe uses an easy homemade spice blend. I am sharing 2 ways of making the rice but I am sure you will come up with more options. Try it!
I have been meaning to send this mousse/custard to Pari’s event but postponement seems to have become the way of life right now.
So today, I promised myself in the evening I will post this entry. I just have to post it is fully drafted. Imagine my dismay when I was to stay at work for some extra time! And my horror when what I have been thinking as a complete post ready is nothing but cryptic scribbles that took me ages to understand!!
I know I will say never again and continue the same method. So I will not say never again…
1 cup curd, chilled
5 grms agar agar
½ cup water
2 cups fresh strawberry
3 tblspn sugar
1 ½ cups milk, chilled
½ cup whipped cream, chilled
1 tblspn powdered sugar
1. Hang the curd in a muslin cloth or in a fine strainer for the whey to drain out.
2. Cut agar agar in small bits and soak in water till soft. Then heat on low flame stirring till the agar agar dissolves.
3. Mix sugar and strawberries. Mash.
4. Add milk blend.
5. Whip the cream with sugar and curd carefully. Mix with the milk and strawberry carefully.
6. Mix the agar agar and set in fried in individual 4 glasses or in a bowl.
7. Serve chilled.
Sendig to Pari’s event at
and to Priya Mitharwal of Mharo Rajasthan Recipes.