The spicy and delicious condiment that peps up mealtimes! Simple to make Gun Powder Chutney uses flax seeds as one of the ingredients. How else do I feed the reluctant family flax seeds?
This delicious Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce is simple to make.
And it tastes wonderful with ice cream, pudding, desserts and as a filling in moulded chocolates.
To make Caramel Sauce you heat the caramelised sugar with cream and mix, mix, mix.
According to Wikipedia,” When it is used for crème caramel or flan, it is known as clear caramel and only contains caramelized sugar and water. Butterscotch sauce is made with dark brown sugar, butter and often a splash of whiskey. Traditionally, butterscotch is a hard candy more in line with a toffee, with the suffix “scotch” meaning “to score”.”
Once you master making caramel you can make a different variety of candies, desserts, and confections.
So what are you waiting for ladies get your ingredients together and make this yum sauce? I have copied it from here.
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 90 grams salted butter at room temperature cut up into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup amul cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a deep pan heat the sugar. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- The sugar will melt to an amber-coloured caramel. Keep stirring take care not to burn the sugar.
- Once the sugar has melted completely add the butter carefully as the caramel will bubble. Stir well till the butter has fully melted.
- Next, add the cream slowly in a drizzle, don’t forget to keep stirring. The mixture will bubble and splatter. Take care but continue stirring.
- Boil the mixture for a minute the sauce will rise in the pan as it boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Allow to cool down before using.