This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
This delicious Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce is simple to make.
And it tastes wonderful with ice cream, pudding, desserts and as a filling in moulded chocolates.
To make Caramel Sauce you heat the caramelised sugar with cream and mix, mix, mix.
According to Wikipedia,” When it is used for crème caramel or flan, it is known as clear caramel and only contains caramelized sugar and water. Butterscotch sauce is made with dark brown sugar, butter and often a splash of whiskey. Traditionally, butterscotch is a hard candy more in line with a toffee, with the suffix "scotch" meaning "to score".”
Once you master making caramel you can make a different variety of candies, desserts, and confections.
To name a few “brittles, nougats, pralines, crème brûlée, crème caramel, and caramel apples. Ice creams sometimes are flavoured with or contain swirls of caramel.“
So what are you waiting for ladies get your ingredients together and make this yum sauce? I have copied it from here.
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 90 grams salted butter at room temperature cut up into 6 pieces
- ½ cup amul cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a deep pan heat the sugar. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- The sugar will melt to an amber-coloured caramel. Keep stirring take care not to burn the sugar.
- Once the sugar has melted completely add the butter carefully as the caramel will bubble. Stir well till the butter has fully melted.
- Next, add the cream slowly in a drizzle, don’t forget to keep stirring. The mixture will bubble and splatter. Take care but continue stirring.
- Boil the mixture for a minute the sauce will rise in the pan as it boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Allow to cool down before using.
This is on my to do list for quite some time. Looks very tempting over the ice cream, Archana
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth says
I am not a fan of caramel, so though all posts regarding salted caramel tempts me, I am not able to get myself to make them... hehe... looks amazing on top of ice cream...
I love this buttery creamy sauce and have made huge batches for the restaurant...but never blogged..your sauce looks perfect and is tempting me to take a lick from the bowl.
Srivalli Jetti says
I love the colour you got for your sauce, very nice!
beautiful looking sauce and nice consistency
Mayuri Patel says
Lovely rich golden sauce... would love to drizzle it on pancakes or some ice cream.
I love homemade caramel sauce yours looks lovely.
Chef Mireille says
one of my fave sauces and you got such a rich color
Priya Srinivasan says
yes this one delicious sauce! finally i also mustered all the courage and made it !! Love the beautiful color and the amazing sweet salty taste it imparts to the dish!!! Yummm!