Steamed, Gluten-free and Vegan Ukdiche Modak are what you can enjoy this Ganesh. Enjoy simple and delicious Festival food and stay healthy.
Things have become pretty hectic in Office and so I have not blogged or visited any of my fellow bloggers. I intend to rectify this now on.
Hara Bhara Kabab is something that had made some time ago I came across the photograph and remembered that I had not blogged this.
I made this when my kids told me to make them when they saw me blanching some palak, leftover after making palak salad.
Here is what I did
1 cup spinach/ palak, blanched
½ cup peas, steamed with a little salt
2 green chillies
2 cloves garlic (optional)
A handful of coriander
2 big potatoes, boiled
6 sliced of bread soaked in water and squeezed dry
Oil to fry
1. Grind to a fine paste the palak/spinach, peas, green chillies, garlic, coriander.
2. In a big bowl grate the boiled potatoes. Ad the palak and bread mixture.
3. Add the salt. Mix to make the dough. ( Do not knead it a lot as it becomes sticky).
4. Apply a little oil to your hands and Make small flat balls with the dough.
5. In a bowl add the rava or bread crumbs and coat the balls with the mixture.
6. Shallow fry with a little oil. Reddish on both the sides.
7. Serve hot. Here I have served with pungent red chutney and tamarind chutney.