An easy sugar-syrup free Semolina Laddu recipe for a holiday treat! Rava Ladoos that you can enjoy as a snack or as a dessert.
Ghavan or Ghavene, a Malvani dish which is a fried pancake or crepe. A ghavan is like a net, soft and yummy.
Ghavan or Ghavene, a Malvani dish which is a fried pancake or crepe. A ghavan is like a net ,soft and yummy.
Traditionally Ghavan is made on “bida cha tava”. Serve Ghavane anytime of the day with Chutney or sweetened coconut milk, Chavli chi Usal, Malvani Chicken rassa.
Ghavane can be prepared fast and does not need any pre-preparation time. This is the reason why I am including it in the #Cooking Carnival where my chosen theme is Simple and Healthy Old Age recipes. In case you are diabetic, you will have to check with your dietician before you pop in more than 1-2. My father-in-law is diabetic so when I made these I saw to it that I did not add to his sugar levels by not making any sweet (he does eat a little sweet) or make any starchy vegetable.
Start your day with Ghavan with any gravy hot off the non-stick pan and enjoy!
I have served Ghavane here with Usal, Pavtanche Usal , Vaal ,field beans, lima beans are the other names of Pavte.
Ghavan, an Instant Crepe
Soft and lacy Ghavan are a delight to eat and yet so simple to make.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup Rice flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons Oil +for cooking
- Salt to taste
- 2 ¼ cups Water
- In a bowl add the flour, salt and 1 ½ tblspn oil. Mix well.
- Add water slowly. Stir continuously to make a smooth batter.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grease a non-stick tawa lightly.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tawa. Tip the tawa around to make a thinner dosa.
- Spoon a little oil around the edges.
- Cook till the underside is light brown. Flip.
- Cook till the side becomes light brown.
- Serve immediately with any gravy or chutney.
Check out the