If you do not want to spend ages in the kitchen to make dessert? Need a simple but elegant dessert for dinner party?Try Poached pears with ice cream, whipped cream or even with a cake.
Last Updated on
Coorgi masala is simple and yet delicious.
The use of the spices in our backyard is quite common in Indian Cuisine so we have yummy masala. Each household has a different spice powder, forget household each individual member will make the masala a bit different. The subtle differences come from the differences in the freshness of the ingredients to the treatment of the ingredients.
Do try this delicious masala that Mrs Prasad my host at Coorg shared with me.
I reduced the quantities as rains were fast approaching and by the time I come back to one masala it needs t be binned. I reduced it to 1/4 the quantity.
- 1/2 kg Dhania/ coriander seeds
- 100 grams pepper
- 100 grams Jeera/cumin seeds
- 4 laung/cloves
- 4 inch pieces of dalchini/cinnamon
- Roast the dhania seeds stirring constantly until reddish brown. Set aside in a plate to cool.
- Roast the rest of the ingredients on low flame separately.
- Transfer to the same plate as the coriander seeds.
- Grind to a fine powder and store in an air tight container.