The Goan Style Sukhi Potato Bhaji recipe is a no-onion,no-garlic vegetable not dry nor is it runny. It is just right for you to scoop it up with buns or pav.
I loved the aroma of the spices in it.
- 1 tblspn kali mirch/ pepper corns
- 1 tblspn jeera/cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon dhania/ coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon laung/cloves
- ½ teaspoon elichi/cardamom seeds
- 1½ tblspn chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dalchini/cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon jaiphal/nutmeg, ground
- Heat a small kadhai/wok over low heat and dry roast stirring the pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, cardamom till you get a delicious aroma.( technically the stirring has to be occasionally but I prefer to do it
- Once you switch off the gas add the dry powders and let the mixture stand till the spices cool completely.
- Grind in the chutney bowl of the mixer or spice or coffee grinder to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight glass jar.
This goes for the August Week 3, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!