What is the Holiday Season for if not to indulge in these delicious cookies? Choose from these #9 Delicious Cookies Recipes for Christmas! We love them all.
Serve a colourful dessert today!
When I choose Beetroot as my vegetable for the week I was trying to make up for all the hate I had for the vegetable. For beetroot vegetable used to be our staple vegetable in the hostel mess. The vegetable though I liked initially slowly I started hating it. the beetroots were boiled in water and then a tempering and coconut
The vegetable though I liked initially slowly I started hating it. The beetroots were boiled in water and then a tempering and coconut added to it.
The boiled water was retained in the vegetable healthy thought that was there is a limit to the amount of water one can tolerate. The water from the vegetable used to run right round the plate soaking everything on the plate everything appeared red!!!
Not a very pretty site when you peep in someone’s plate to see what was there for food. 🙂
But now I have come to like the vegetable especially now that I am struggling with my health related issues. This is just what the doctor ordered( Check here).
Anyway, today enjoy the Beetroot Halwa that tastes amazingly delicious. Mine was a tad bit too sweet not that I minded but you may not like it!!
Beetroot Halwa, an Indian Dessert
- 2 Beetroot
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Ghee
- 2 Tablespoons Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 Teaspoons Cardamom powder
- Peel the beetroots and grate them.
- In a kadhai/wok heat the ghee and fry the cashew nuts till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Add the grated beetroot and sauté for a minute on medium heat or till the beetroot wilt a little.
- Add milk and cook on medium heat till the moisture almost dries up.
- Add sugar and cook till it thickens again.
- Add the cardamom powder stir well and enjoy!