An easy sugar-syrup free Semolina Laddu recipe for a holiday treat! Rava Ladoos that you can enjoy as a snack or as a dessert.
Beginning today I am blogging for one month for the Blogging Marathon and this time to make things interesting we are blogging with the theme of Alphabets.
So you will see various forms of cooking like baking, International, Street foods all in being blogged.
Today I have chosen a traditional dish and a sweet. That is served to nursing mothers.
When I searched for what Aliv, means for Aliv is one word that I have heard from my MIL I was surprised to read that they are called watercress seeds.
We have been reading about watercress sandwiches in the old romantic novels… my first one being Brarbara Cartland!! O the heroine is so innocent and the hero so … and how I lapped it all up…. Haha! Do you think our girls will like them? I somehow doubt it..
Anyway coming back to watercress seeds …
This is what they look like
So the health benefits of watercress seeds are detailed here.
Today I have made Aliva-che-Ladoo the way my MIL used to make it.
- ½ cup aliv
- 1 coconut, freshly grated
- All the water from the coconut
- ½ kg jaggery
- 1 tblspn ghee
- Soak the aliv in the coconut water and coconut overnight.
- In the morning on a non-stick pan add the ghee and the soaked aliv and jaggery.
- Heat on low flame stirring initially occasionally then as the mixture dries up continuously.
- When the mixture comes together the cooking is done.
- Let the mixture is cooled make the balls out of the mixture.
So with this its A down… come back to see what we have for B tomorrow…..
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!