Sakhar Bhat is a Sweetened Rice Pulao an Indian Delicacy cooked on festive occasions. Delicious, easy and simple to make with the versatile ingredient rice.
A harmonious medley of vegetables and noodles, stunning colours too!
something uniquely Thai.
intensely, but briefly.
combinations of different tastes.
There must be a harmony of tastes and textures within individual dishes and the entire meal.
I have adapted my Thai Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce from here.
Sticky Mango Rice makes a great dessert with this yum noodles.
Thai Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1 Packet Rice noodles
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- ½ Cup Spring onion chopped the greens and onions separated
- 1 cup Carrot finely shredded
- 2 cups mixed fresh vegetables like cauliflower,carrots,,mushrooms, beans, red, yellow and green capsicum
- 3 Tablespoons garlic minced
- ½ Tablespoons Ginger minced
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Peanut butter
- ¼ Cup Soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Rice vinegar
- ½ Tablespoons Chilli-garlic sauce
- Dhania/ Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions. In my case they were soaking the noodles in hot water for 45 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in thick kadhai/wok over high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, stir-fry veggies, garlic and ginger. Sauté until vegetables soften.
- Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and chilli-garlic sauce and mix well. Simmer or 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and toss them in the kadhai/wok. Mix well.
- Serve warm garnished with spring onion greens and dhania/ coriander leaves.