Take a shortcut for your next Summer Party appetizer use bakery brought toast or Rusk! A simple and colourful snack that easy for kids to put together.
Last Updated on
Tameta Methi Muthia nu Shaak is a traditional dish made in Gujarat.
Literality means muthias in tomato gravy.Here I have used methi muthia to make my gravy.
When I made methi muthia I wanted to try making the gravy to go with fulkas. The blend of the spices and the tangy tomato gravy is amazingly delicious.
Basically, this delicious dish is made from steamed muthia that means it is low fat.
I have copied this muthia from here and have loved it.
Since I was out of coriander I have garnished with holy basil or Tulshi.
Tamata nu Shaak
- Spoons and Ladles
- Chopping Board
- 4-5 muthias
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 4-6 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 green chilles chopped fine
- 2 Onions chopped fine
- 4 Tomatoes chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp Haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dhania/ coriander powder
- 1 tsp Jeera/cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp goda masala optional
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- A few springs dhania/ coriander leaves
- In kadhai/wok heat oil splutter the mustard. Add the jeera and let them sizzle.
- Fry the ginger and garlic till the raw smell goes away.
- Fry the green chillies and onions till the onions become transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add all the powders and mix well.
- Add the fried muthia and water.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes the Muthia will soak up gravy.
- Sit in the chopped coriander leaves and serve.