A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
In our trip around the world let’s visit Jordon today. Wondering what I
am talking about? Then we at Blogging Marathon are dishing up the world in the
next thirty days, aptly named “Around the world in 30 days!’ Join us and enjoy
this trip…. Today in Jordan!
me) my family has been gorging on I will like a nice salad. So this Tobbouleh fits in my scheme of food.
herb, guess we are not used to it so I used a small bunch of parsley and a lot
of palak/spinach. Please feel free to use parsley if you enjoy the taste.
gets delivered in time at my local supermarket
and then pay up whatever is charged hence used jada rava.
made by Turks and Armenians, and it’s popular as ethnic food in Western
- 1 ½ tblspn bulgur
wheat (Substituted with Jada Rava)
- 2 tomatoes, large
- A bunch of palak/ spinach (optional), washed, dried
and cut in ribbons
- Bunch parsley, leaves only, washed, dried, finely
- A small bunch fresh mint leaves, washed,
dried, and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Roast the
rava till you get a lovely aroma. Measure the volume.
- Boil double the volume of water.
- Place the rava into a small bowl and cover with
- Stir, then set aside for 20 minutes, or until the jada
rava has absorbed all of the water.
- Cut the
tomatoes into quarters, discard the seeds and dice the flesh. Transfer the
diced tomatoes to a serving bowl.
- Add the palak if using, parsley, mint and onion to
the tomatoes and mix well until combined.
- When the rava( in my case) has absorbed all of the
water, fluff it using a fork until the grains are separated.
- Add the jada rava to the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice and olive oil and
season to taste.
- Mix well to coat the ingredients in the liquid.
- To serve, divide the Tabbouleh equally among four serving plates.
- Since Tabbouleh
is best served fresh make it just
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!