A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
Sukhi Moong Dal Recipe is tasty stir-fry that tastes great with Chapati or paratha. Simple to make a Stir Fried Moong Dal fills the need for a side dish when you have run out of vegetables and the added bonus is it is Protein Rich.
Being vegetarians at home our chief source of protein is dal and we need different dals almost every day. Different as it varies the taste and the need for various micro nutrients are fulfilled.
One of the best dals is Moong dal also mung dal. Made from split mung bean or green bean moong is available in the market as a whole grain, with the green skin called chilke wali dal and without the skin. When sold without the skin the dal is hulled and is yellow in colour. Mung dal has the highest protein content and is easily digestible. Owing to the fact it is highly recommended for babies, pregnant women and lactation. For the same reason, it is recommended for older people too.
Here are a few moong dal recipes I have made in the past Palak Moong Dal, Moong Dal ki Khichidi, Moong ki Dal, Moong Vada, Triveni Dal, Dalia Khichidi, Festive Sautikai Kosambri with Lemon, Bajre ki Khichidi, Simple Paratha with Leftover Moong Dal, Moong Dal Dhokla, Moong dal Kheer.
The main ingredients in this stir fry are Moong Dal, onion, tomato and spices. You can use homemade ghee or refined oil.
This recipe is adapted from here.
Tasty Stir Fried Moong Dal
- 1 cup moong dal washed drained
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 green chilli chopped fine
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and grated
- 4-5 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
- pinch Aof hing/asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 Onion chopped fine
- 1 Tomato chopped fine
- 1 tsp dhania/ coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Lemon
- Dhania/ Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Wash and soak the moong dal in water for atleast 30 minutes.
- Drain the dal and place in a cooker add 1/4 cup water, 1 tsp salt and haldi/turmeric powder.
- Close the cooker and on high flame cook the dal for 1 whistle.
- Remove the cooker from fire and partially release the pressure. Open the cooker after the pressure falls.
- The dal should not be over cooked. Remove any excess water if any.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai/wok splutter the jeera. Add the hing.
- In quick succession add coriander powder, chopped chilli, garlic and ginger. Fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook covered till tomatoes mushy.
- Add the boiled dal and fry for 3-4 minutes. Stir in between.Adjust the seasonings.
- Switch off the gas, add lemon juice and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Serve Stir Fried Moong Dal Stir with chapati or paratha.
[inlinkz_linkup id=725585 mode=1]