Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
Beetroots have been in cultivated since Roman times. In fact, we have to thank them for cultivating a lot of the vegetable we eat today. Beetroots are medicinal plants. You can check that out here.
After the beetroot smoothie yesterday I am sure you have guessed I am back again, with a theme. It’s one vegetable and different forms. When my younger one was small I used to feed her boiled beetroot. My elder one used to be thrilled with her sister’s lips that used to become pink. She used to call her Madhuri Dixit, who happened to be her favourite heroine.
Today try this vegetable. It’s delicious and simple to make.
You can make it diced small or grating the beetroot. Actually, if you grate the beetroot after peeling it will save you cooking time. In fact, its just add the grated beetroot in the tempering, stir and let it sit covered for about 5 minutes. Here I had to wait for the beetroot to cook.
Let’s get down straight to the recipe.
Simple Beetroot Stir-Fry Made in a Jiffy
- 1 in Beetroot peeled and cutcubes
- 2 Green chillies slit
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oil I use Rice bran oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Hing/Asafoetida
- 1/2 Teaspoon Til/ sesame seeds toasted
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 Cup Water approx
- 1/2 Teaspoon Teaspoon Lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a kadhai/wok.
- Add the jeera and let them splutter.
- Add the hing.
- Add the beetroot in the kadhai/wok.
- Mix well and cook covered for say 2-3 minutes.
- Add some water as you do not want the beetroot to burn.
- Once the beetroots are cooked to your satisfaction add salt.
- Let it sit covered for some time.
- Just before serving add the sesame seeds and lemon juice.