Take a shortcut for your next Summer Party appetizer use bakery brought toast or Rusk! A simple and colourful snack that easy for kids to put together.
From the time Radhika announced her Mughlai Event I know that there is one cuisine that I have not posted as yet the Mughlai cusine. In fact from the time I have become conscious of the middle age spread I have stopped making Mughlai cusine for the food is rich. But there are exceptions and here is one of them.
Respecting my FIL’s sentiments I generally do not cook eggs. But when he is out of station we eat live and drink eggs.
I love egg curry but the others are not too enthusiastic, but for once they agreed to egg curry. Keeping in mind their lack of zeal I made Shahi Ande and not only did we eat it in the evening but also had the bowlful of leftovers the next day for dinner.
Actually you can use the Shahi gravy to make any of the following or all of them paneer, mushrooms or cauliflower by themselves or a combo of these.
9 hard boiled eggs
4-5 onion cut in slices
20 cashew nuts (about ½ cup)
½ cup curds
½ cup cream
1 tsp ginger paste
10-15 garlic paste
¼ tsp white pepper powder
Whole garam masala (1” piece of cinnamon, 1 green cardamom,3 cloves, a few strands of mace/javitri/ jaipatri)
1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi,
½ tsp coriander powder
½ cup butter
1. In a kadhai/wok put the onion slices add ¼ cup water cover it and boil for 4-5 minutes. Cool and strain. Reserve the water
2. Heat butter. Fry the whole garam masala lightly. Add the jeera and switch off the flame and add the coriander powder.
3. Transfer all the masala and grind with the onion.
4. Add to the kadhai the ginger garlic paste, onion paste & sauté for 5 minutes.
5. As the masala is being fried grind the cashew nuts with a little water. Add to the onion mixture.
6. Bring it to boil, check seasoning.
7. Add the hard boiled eggs cut in two pieces.
8. Cook for about 15 minutes finish it with cream. Remove from heat. Serve hot with naan or roti.
Reminder for self:
In case you want to store the gravy only then spread butter on top of the gravy to avoid formation of skin. Mix the cauliflower etc afterwards (Please remember this is a rich dish). Also to steam the veggie before mixing.