BM #52 I am paired with Mir and I wanted bake a bread. I had my eye on the
bread that Mir had set out for us in Taming the Yeast; it was a whole wheat
bread. You know me I cannot leave them alone so I tried it. The bread had a
mind of its own; it did rise to the occasion.
me an understanding of the reason. The whole
wheat flour in India has
the bread made with the whole wheat flour made in US. The solution is to add
vital wheat gluten.
Kalyani gifted to me.
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tblspn instant yeast
- 1 tblspn sugar
- 1 tblspn salt
- 3 ½ – 4 cups bread
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tblspn milk
- 2 tblspn til/ sesame seeds
- Dissolve the sugar in the
- In a large bowl, combine 1 ½ cups
of the flour, salt, yeast and water, with an electric mixer, mix for a few
- Add semolina, 1 cup of flour
and olive oil.
- Mix well and using the dough
hook attachment, start to knead the dough.
- Add flour, ½ cup at a time
until the dough wraps itself around the dough hook.
- Knead for 5 minutes. Dough
will be elastic and slightly sticky.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled
- Cover with greased plastic
wrap and a kitchen towel.
- Leave to rise for 1 hour,
until doubled in size.
- On a floured board, knead
dough for a few minutes, sprinkling a little flour on top as needed.
- You can shape into a rustic
round loaf. But I preferred to make it in a loaf. I rolled it in a thick
rectangle and rolled it up from the narrow end in the thick roll.
- Sprinkle a greased loaf pan
with rava/semolina or corn flour.
- Cover with kitchen towel and
leave to rise another 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375
- Brush the top with milk and
sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes,
until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool and slice.
- I served it with a delicious mushroom dip.
then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you
are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I
would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.
I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!