Recipe Source: Adapted from here.
- 1 cup rice cooked with extra water (I used sona masuri)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (I used regular processed Amul Cheese)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ capsicum each or red and yellow, diced fine
- ¼ cup cabbage, chopped fine
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil ( as needed)
- Take the cooked rice in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper and cheese.
- Mash well kneading it to a smooth dough.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. The rice must be chilled.
- In a large kadhai/wok over heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Sauté onions and the chopped garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add in basil, tomato sauce takes off heat add the cabbage and capsicum mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside to cool.
- Lightly grease your palms take 2 tbsp of the rice mixture in the hand and form a small cup.
- Place 1/2 tsp of the filling mixture to centre of the rice cup. Close the opening and shape in a proper ball.
- Roll the rice ball in the into the bread crumbs.
- You can either deep fry or like me use the appe/panni yaram pan and shallow fry the rice balls till deep brown.
- Transfer on a paper towel lined plate or dish.
- Serve with chilli sauce.
are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!