Last Updated on
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 red Kashmiri chillies, dry and whole
- 2 large onions, grated
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2½ kidney bean soaked overnight or in hot water for 2 hours and drained
- 4¼ water
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat the oil in the cooker, add the chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry gently till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste stir fry till you get a nice aroma.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix and cook till oil separates. You will need to do this cooking on of course low flame and for about 5 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Now add the soaked beans and the water. Stir. Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high flame.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. In a regular cooker cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Once done cool the cooker naturally.
- Open the cooker. Partially mash the beans with the ladle.
- Add garam masala and serve hot with naans or rice. I served with onion and green chilli stuffed rotis.
|Rajma n Roti|