A chutney made with Tender Tamarind Leaves Pachadi Recipe is simply delicious. Also called Chintha Chiguru Tokkuthis spicy and sour chutney tastes great with just about anything. Try it with not just idli, dosa but with bhakri and chapati even steamed rice. Try it!
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 red Kashmiri chillies, dry and whole
- 2 large onions, grated
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2½ kidney bean soaked overnight or in hot water for 2 hours and drained
- 4¼ water
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat the oil in the cooker, add the chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry gently till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste stir fry till you get a nice aroma.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix and cook till oil separates. You will need to do this cooking on of course low flame and for about 5 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Now add the soaked beans and the water. Stir. Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high flame.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. In a regular cooker cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Once done cool the cooker naturally.
- Open the cooker. Partially mash the beans with the ladle.
- Add garam masala and serve hot with naans or rice. I served with onion and green chilli stuffed rotis.
|Rajma n Roti|