Butterfly Pea Tea Shake is a recipe for a refreshing beverage and another way to enjoy herbal blue tea or Asian pigeon wing herbal tea.
Rajma/Kidney Beans Gravy
This blogging marathon for the next 3 days my memories of Delhi and Amma cooking.
Futura Pressure cooker time: 20 minutes
Recipe Source: Futura Cookbook
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 red Kashmiri chillies, dry and whole
- 2 large onions, grated
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2½ kidney bean soaked overnight or in hot water for 2 hours and drained
- 4¼ water
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Heat the oil in the cooker, add the chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry gently till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste stir fry till you get a nice aroma.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix and cook till oil separates. You will need to do this cooking on of course low flame and for about 5 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Now add the soaked beans and the water. Stir. Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high flame.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. In a regular cooker cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Once done cool the cooker naturally.
- Open the cooker. Partially mash the beans with the ladle.
- Add garam masala and serve hot with naans or rice. I served with onion and green chilli stuffed rotis.
|Rajma n Roti|
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!
Manjula Bharath says
Such an mouthwatering rajma curry , love the recipe so quick to make 🙂 deliciou one !!
Varadas Kitchen says
Such a nice combo of rajma with the stuffed roti. Good one.
Priya Suresh says
Nutritious rajma curry, i can have this fingerlicking curry simply with some rotis.
one among the comfort food 🙂
mouthwatering masala 🙂
Harini-Jaya R says
Wow! Love the flavorful curry
vaishali sabnani says
raajma is a typical North Indian dish and i love it to the core..super one.
sneha datar says
Yummy and mouthwatering.
Pavani N says
Simple, healthy & filling rajma curry.
I tasted rajma chaw all for the first time in Delhi. Reading this brought back memories of that trip.
Suma Gandlur says
That simple, filling curry must ahve tasted good with those stuffed rotis.
Delicious subzi with even more inviting rotis you got there Archana..very nice one..I am drooling more at your roti picture...:)
veena krishnakumar says
roti- rajma look so good ! great job :-))
Chef Mireille says
I eat these beans a lot next time I will try this Indian preparation