Paneer Paratha will be my ideal Protein-rich breakfast and for my main course.
Paneer Paratha is one of the popular Punjabi Paratha and available in restaurants and dhabbas. I love the way it tastes and melts in the mouth especially with homemade butter.
My friend, Shanta, shared this paneer paratha recipe and she has brought it often to work. So it was no brainer that I wanted to make this paratha as my breakfast meal for this protein-rich marathon.
The main ingredients in this paneer paratha are paneer, onion, chillies and dhania/ coriander leaves.
The other parathas in my space are Simple Paratha with Leftover Moong Dal, Nutritious Sattu ka Paratha, an Indian Bread Stuffed With Roasted Gram, Aloo Paratha, Mooli ke Parathe/ Raddish Paratha Indian Flat Bread.
Paneer Paratha for a Protein-Rich Breakfast
- 2 cups atta/wheat flour
- water to knead the dough
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp oil for greasing
For the paratha filling:
- 2 cups paneer/cottage cheese grated
- 2 Onions chopped fine
- 4-5 Green chillies chopped fine
- 1 cup Dhania/ Coriander Leaves chopped fine
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Salt to Taste
- oil to fry the parathas
- Add salt to the flour and knead the flour with water into a soft pliable dough in a mixing bowl. Apply oil to the dough cover and rest it for about one hour.
- Make 7 equal balls of the dough.
- Before making the parathas mix the grated paneer and the rest of the ingredients mentioned in under the filling. And make 7 equal portions.
- Heat the tava/skillet over medium heat.
- Roll out two small disc of about 2 or 3″.
- Place the filling in the centre of one disc .
- Place the other disc on the filling and seal the edges well.
- Gently roll out the dough again slightly thicker than the regular rotis.
- Transfer the paratha to the tawa and cook it till small bubbles appear.
- Flip; apply oil on the flipped side. Cook till brown spots appear.
- Flip and repeat the process until brown spots appear on both sides.
- Make the rest of the parathas in the same way. Only remember the onions will sweat so be quick.