Steamed, Gluten-free and Vegan Ukdiche Modak are what you can enjoy this Ganesh. Enjoy simple and delicious Festival food and stay healthy.
Being vegetarians our major source of proteins is dal. It’s a challenge to make something different at times. When I saw this Thotakura-Amaranth leaves dal I was keen on making this dal.
Since we do not get Amaranth leaves here I was wondering how I will make this dal. Then I saw Padma’s line you can make with palak in place of Amarnath leaves.
This nutritious green leafy dal is best of both the worlds rich in protein and iron. A healthy, delicious side dish for steamed rice or with roti. And a wonderful addition to #Buffet on the Table !
In case you get Amarnath leaves use them but like I said I used palak which needs to be chopped fine.
Paired with Pulusu it tasted great.
Anyway please join us today in out Andhra Meal of #Potlakaya Koora or Snake Gourd Vegetable, #Palak Moong Dal and #Andhra Pachi Pulusu or Raw Tamarind Rasam with steamed rice of course!
Palak Moong Dal
A delicious and healthy dal that takes care of our protein and fibre in one go. Team it with pulusu if you like a tangy flavour!
For the Dal:
- 2 cups palak leaves, chopped fine
- 1 cup moong dal
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green chillies slit
For the Tadka:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon rai/mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon haldi/turmeric
- 1 teaspoon urid dal
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 spring curry leaves
- Wash dal add 2 cups water, chopped onion, palak leaves, green chillies, turmeric, bring to full boil and reduce the flame to low and let it cook till done.
- Remove from heat add salt and mix well with a spoon.
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds, urid dal, cumin seeds, broken dry red chillies, curry leaves and fry for a while then add this seasoning to dal and palak mixture mix well.
- Serve hot with rice and pickle, usually, any type of pulusu (tamarind gravy) is a great combination with this dal.
In case you get Amarnath leaves then try making this dal with it. I am sure it will taste better!