A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
Nasi Goreng is traditionally served at home for breakfast and is made out of leftover rice from the night before. The
ingredients used are shallot, tomato, tamarind, pepper and chilli, the rice is fried with leftovers from a chicken or beef dish, prawns. The medium is oil or margarine, typically spiced with kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice with Vegetables)
- 5 cups rice, cooked (preferably cooked a day in advance)
- 3 tbsp rice bran oil (you can use vegetable or peanut also)
- 1 cup French beans, stringed and cut diagonally
- 1 cup celery cut into thin slices
- 1 ½ cups carrot cut into thin, julienne strips
- 1 cup broccoli/cauliflower cut or broken into small bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup spring onions cut
- 3 tbsp hot green chillis split and cut in thin slices
- ¼ cup red capsicum cut in thin juliennes
- ¼ cup yellow capsicum cut in thin juliennes
- ¼ cup green capsicum cut in thin juliennes
- 3 eggs
- 3 tblspn ketjap manis, a sweet Indonesian soy sauce, or use an equal amount of soy sauce blended with 3 tblspn
- ¼cup bean sprouts (I forgot to use)
- Salt to taste, if desired
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions or green onions
- Prepare the rice and cool it.
- In a small pan boil water with a little salt. Once the water boils lower the flame and add the beans. er 2 minutes or when the beans change colour strain the water and transfer he beans to an ice bath. Drain and set aside. Basically blanch the beans.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai/wok until it is almost smoking.
- Add the celery and carrot and cook, stirring, about 45 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and the drained beans and cook about 15 seconds, stirring.
- Add the spring onions and the capsicum. Cook 10 seconds.
- Add the rice, stirring rapidly, and cook until thoroughly heated without browning.
- Do the following as quickly as possible: Make a well in the centre of the rice and add the eggs, stirring rapidly and constantly. When they are barely scrambled, start stirring the rice into the eggs, stirring in a circular fashion, incorporating all of the rice.
- Sprinkle with soya sauce mixed with sugar and salt, add the bean sprouts and cook, stirring and tossing, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with the chopped spring onion and serve immediately.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!