Cooking in pressure cooker is simple. Simple if you know when to switch off the cooker. Else you will end with a mishmash that no one will want to look at let alone eat.
Like I have said yesterday my Futura is crying out for work all the time and I ignore it all the time. But when Valli announced cooking in pressure cooker I decided it will be cooking in Futura.
These days I am not cooking much or rather my kids complain there is no variety in my cooking. We are in a dilemma the kids want variety and I want to get out of the kitchen so this veggie suited both of us. I was out of the kitchen in no time and the girls had variety.
This is a “fridge clean karo” veggie use any mixture of veggies you can lay your hands on. Brinjal, cabbage can be used but please do not use lady fingers.
Again this veggie is from an old pressure cooker manual modified to suit my purpose. (See notes to cook in a normal cooker).
- 115 grms mixed vegetables (beans, potatoes, cauliflower, bottle gourd and ridge gourd, baby corn)
- 8 small or 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 tomatoes,
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts say 6-7 of the whole ones
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 “ piece of ginger
- 4-5 springs of spring onion
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- ¾ cup water
- In the pressure cooker heat oil. Add the onion and fry till translucent.
- Meanwhile grind the tomatoes, spring onions, poppy seeds, ginger, garlic and cashew nuts.
- Once the onions are translucent add the tomato paste and fry till oil comes out.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry till all the veggies are well coated.
- Add the salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, pav bhaji masala and ¾ cup water.
- Close the lid with the vent removed. Heat on high flame.
- Once the steam escapes steadily put the vent. Let the steam escape from the vent again.
- Now lower the flame to sim and let the cooker stay on the flame for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the cooker from the gas stove and let it cool naturally.
- Open the cooker stir and serve with rice.
In case you are using the normal cooker the manual says “use 2 glasses of water and pressure cook for 5 minutes”.
This is my entry to Blogging Marathon #35 for Pressure Cooker Cooking.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!